Detox Diet Foods
Natural, unprocessed fresh fruits, vegetables, legumes, nuts, seeds, low fat diary products are all detox diet foods.
Elimination of meat, fish, eggs, and processed foods containing pesticides, heavy metal, stimulants like tea, coffee, alcohol and cigarettes for a few days from our diet can greatly reduce the toxic build up in our body. Consumption of purified water keeps the system hydrated and helps in flushing out wastes from the kidneys.
Detox Diets : Methods
- Fasting at least once a week regularly or subsisting on water and fruits along with fasting releases the toxins and purifies the system. It rests the internal body organs as well.
- Hydrotherapy by taking special types of bath or through sauna therapy opens the skin pores allowing for better detoxification.
- Nutritional supplements instead of food, in the form of powders or packaged protein snacks, too help in detoxification by burning fat for energy.
- Specific detox diet periods last between 7 and 30 days. It can be very restrictive and needs to be followed strictly for effectiveness. It is always better to detox regularly with a natural diet consisting of fresh fruits and vegetables.
Benefits of Detox Diets
- It trains you to eat toxin-free foods when you see an improvement in your health.
- It makes you feel light, helps in losing weight by eliminating stored toxins and improves metabolism.
- It helps prevent serious diseases, improves resistance to colds, coughs and allergens, aids digestion, enhances mental activity and keeps you more energized and rested.
Detox diets are one of the best ways to live a healthy and happy life.